Augmented Actions Overview
The problem can be looked at through many dimensions/angles.
Here the main actions are considered.
- Access information through the Internet (initially
only through the Web).
- Media includes:
- Web documents.
- Mailing lists discussions & mailing list archives.
- Chat transcriptions. (not for version 1)
- Bookmark lists. (not for version 1)
- Web access to recorded & transcribed voice. (not for
- Shared (non HTML) documents. (not for version 1)
- Knowledge products. (not for version 1)
- Types of access include:
- Searching. Multiple criteria, with ability refine search
(search within results, exclude etc.)
- Browsing. Browse through information by any desired dimension.
- Referrals. By printed URL or by different kinds of links.
- Thinking, which will include the manipulation of information.
(not focused on for version 1 of the environment)
- Production of collaborative document. (not focused
on for version 1 of the environment)
- WRITING (preparing to transmit): Authoring information. Either
'fresh; or in response to other information.
- TRANSMITTING: information though email, Web, etc.
- COMMENTING: Annotating others communications.
- PUBLISHING: Uploading documents to the Web.
- DIALOG, including:
- Email (single & mailing list).
- Accessing broadcast/communicated 'live' (email, voice and
discussion groups) information (see above).
- Accessing archived broadcast/communicated information (see